Noted literary agent Kristin Nelson is joining us at this year’s DFW Writer’s Conference, June 9-10. That’s exciting news! And even more exciting is that she’ll be teaching a separate pre-conference master class starting June 8 to help fiction authors conquer a topic that strikes fear and dread into the heart of many a writer: Querying!
How do you distill the essence of a 300+ page novel into one pithy pitch paragraph for your query? In this two-part intensive workshop, you’ll find out.
This class is a separate event from DFWCon and has an admission fee. You don’t have to attend DFWCon to sign up for this class, but conference attendees get a discounted price of $65. The public rate is $85. You can sign up here.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to compose a basic, four-part query letter.
- How to distill your novel into a clear, concise pitch paragraph that will inspire agents to request sample pages.
- How to position yourself in the current market in terms of word count, genre, and comparable titles or authors.
- The truth about why so few query letters lead to requests for sample pages.
- How to revise your pitch.
Don’t miss this golden opportunity to master the art of querying so you can catch an agent’s attention and launch your writing career!